This post is a Thank you post to all of the people who have been reading my blog and who have been supportive about what I have been writing. Last week I was nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award, which totally put a smile on my face. Thank you for the nomination kissthemuse. It was a fun, uplifting surprise!
What is the Kreativ Blogger Award? you ask. And why is it Creative with a K? The K, not sure, but check out thr rules for the kreative blogger award. They go like this:
- Thank the blogger who gave me the award and provide a link.
- List 7 interesting things about myself that my readers might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links and let them know.
The thing is- this is like a chain letter, BUT I want to recognize the blogger who sent it out to me and though I am participating, I want to say, please if you get this nomination, don’t feel you have to continue the chain. I have polled a few people on this. Some said they wouldn’t continue it and others said they would want to recognize other bloggers. I want to say- Don’t feel like you have to continue the chain- I won’t be annoyed, hurt, or think you’re ungrateful.
For me today, it’s a fun opportunity to recognize some blogs I really enjoy and introduce others to them if they haven’t heard of them before. It kind of spreads blog love and awareness. That’s why I’m participating! I am also very appreciative of being recognized- and honored. Feels good! Thank you again Kiss The Muse!
So, the seven things about myself that readers might find interesting:
1. I really like dark chocolate. The darker the better. I’m talking 95%. Mmmm.
2. I have a dog that follows me around to the point that I trip over him. He is always underfoot. This drives me crazy most days, but there are moments out of every day when I think it is absolutely endearing.
3. I love to write. I have been a writer since I was a child and these days I can’t ever find enough time to write. It may not be a surprise that I love to write, as I write this blog almost every day, but I also write stories, novels, memoir, poetry… I write all kinds of things and make all kinds of schedules to make enough time to write- I keep trying to work it out and it’s always hard to find time.
4. I eat popcorn almost every day.
5. I love to travel and feel that travel has made me grow. I have a friend who says she is a “princess” and likes to travel in style. She told me if she can’t travel in style with nice hotels and food, she’d rather stay home. I’m not like that. Give me a hostel and some cheap food, I’d rather go see it all than never know.
6. I love my country and appreciate it for the people within it, the land, and the creative passion it births. On that same note, I get very frustrated with my it because of laws that are passed, things we do and don’t do politically that affect the justice and wellbeing of all people. Even though I get upset with the craziness, I love the U.S.A. for the many things that make it up, the people, the politics, the passion. Much of my writing comes with the hope that the things I think are unjust will change.
7. I used to perform poetry and compete in poetry slam.
Seven Bloggers with awesome blogs that I love and think are worth checking out, getting into, and that deserve the kreativ blogger award… Yes! Here are my nominations and in no particular order:
1. Wind Up My Skirt For being inspired, irked and looking at life though the eyes of equality for women, art, emotion, and history/herstory.
2. The Radical Idea For feminism, gender equality, and LGBT rights with a personal twist making hard topics interesting, enjoyable, and accessible!
3. Waiting Outside of Parnassus For great reading, perspectives on literature, and how literature influences and impacts
4. The Restless Nest For writing about life at it’s many stages as well musings on the world and our place in it.
5. Writing To Insanity For writing tips, How to ideas, and inspiration to write, write, write.
6. Kimberly Emerson For adventuring into the mind and feelings of another, life commentary, as well as for fiction.
7. A Confederacy of Spinsters For perspectives on culture, women’s status in society and feminism.
Thanks again to everyone who reads Matrifocal Point. Spread the word! Happy Monday!